Monday, November 10, 2014

GREEN TREE SERVICING

GREEN TREE COMPLAINT:

Submitted:      October 2014
Reported By:     DavisD in USA
Report Link:   CLICK HERE

My loan was also sold to GT from BOA. I have been with BOA for 7 years and have had no real issues with them. Ever since GT has taken over my loan it has been one thing after another. I went thru a layoff with my job and was in a tight situation for roughly 3 months. I did what I could to keep the bills paid. GT acted as if they were willing to help me thru this so they did a modification and raised my mortgage from $1, 100 to $1, 200 a month. I was back to work by this time so I didn't really mind as long as I wasn't gonna lose my farm. Well I paid the $1, 200 without a hitch for about 4 or 5 months and then I received a check in the amount of $1, 200 from GT. I wasn't sure why so I tried calling them. They returned my call the next day stating that a paper from the modification was turned in too late so it was being denied. So my question to her was so what do I do now. She is wanting me to deed it to them in lue of foreclosure. I was like hell no I'm not giving up my farm. She said they have no other choice but to start the foreclosure process. I was at a lose of words, completely devastated. Now that I have a new job and have had that layoff that made me fall behind I can't see another bank that would be willing to refinance me. I'm in total shock of all this. I completely feel like they have the power to do whatever they want no matter what. I have put so much money in this property and now they can come take it from me. The price of land is very high in my county due to the gas rights, I have a funny feeling that they had this planned all along. They could get rid of me and turn around and sell it for probably double. I can't see how they are able to continue to do this to people and get away from it.

Submitted:      March 2009
Reported By:     Don in USA
Report Link:   CLICK HERE

On the 24 Febuary 2009 I sent green tree a check for final payoff.

On the 9 march I checked the webb site to find out if any action had been taken and to my surprise none.

I called the company aprroximately 6 pm on the 9th. Their service representative STEVE said that they received the payment on the 6th.

I requested too talk too the supervisor because he became really obnoxious. He refused to get the supervisor, I hung up and called again and spoke too Crystal. Crystal told me the same thing, that the check was received on the 6th. I find this very strange even though the mail service is sloww it's not that slow. When I asked why it was so slow to be posted her answer was that payoffs went to another address, which it is.

My complaint is that it appears that Green Tree is sitting on the payoff checks to receive more interest money from thier customers.

Green Tree stated that I owed another 97 cents but they would write this amount off. If they had posted the check in a timely manner then it would never have been an issue.

END CONSULTING ADVICE:

While I am sorry for the abuse that you have suffered at the hands of Green Tree Servicing, it is not surprising as we have the unfortunate pleasure of dealing with Green Tree on a daily basis for our clients that have experienced the same or similar current or delinquent mortgage servicing abuses that you have stated in your valid complaints to include CFPB violations for payments not being promptly and properly credited, restricted dual-tracking, fair review process, no runarounds, notification of foreclosure alternatives, refusal to provide payoffs and most importantly; unfair, deceptive and abusive acts and practices (UDAAP).  Can I say that there are multiple consumer rights (and constitutional rights) violations under Federal law that I found in all of your complaints and I am on a mission to educate consumers on their consumer and constitutional rights.

I routinely look for posts to answer in hopes that it will not only bring optimism to those homeowners and borrowers in distress but also some basic information to assist in fighting the banks that are "too big to fail" but yet don't appreciate the bailout that we provided in their time of need.  The debt collectors like SPS, SLS, Green Tree, Ocwen and Nationstar are simply just piranhas but they can be beat at their own game too just like the big banks can be defeated.  You CAN win this fight!!!

It pains me that you all (including Don and DavidD) have fallen victim to the illegal, unfair, deceptive and abusive acts and practices of Green Tree, but I also commend you for seeking help; too often homeowners do not fight for their consumer and constitutional rights.  Green Tree, like may of the large mortgage servicers, are under greater and heightened scrutiny now per the reported wrongdoing this year and in the past so this is an excellent time to assert your consumer and constitutional rights!

With that said, you have overlooked a key aspect to your fight, which is putting your valid objections and servicing abuses in writing in the form of a proper QWR and attaching proof your consumer and Constitutional rights; they have certainly been violated in this case as I see it.  All of the mortgage lending and debt collection companies, including Green Tree Servicing, MUST answer your Qualified Written Requests (QWR) and if they refuse to then you take your fight to all the regulatory agencies outside of Green Tree that assist in fighting for your rights like the CFPB; it’s a shame that these more than profitable and previously bailed-out companies engage in this type of consumer abuse. 

We would be more than happy to educate you as to how to fight for your rights. My firm routinely seeks out complaints online so that we can educate as to how to fight back on our weekday show called "The Daily Complaint” where we review a complaint and how to tackle it successfully. 

We reviewed your complaint on the show if you would like to listen, visit www.TheDailyComplaint.com

You can learn more by visiting the CFPB's website and becoming educating about the rights afforded you under the FDCPA, Dodd-Frank and RESPA via the CFPB.  Let me point out that Green Tree has violated your rights under the CFPB's new mortgage servicing rules as afforded you via the Dodd-Frank Act. Here is a link to the new rules: http://www.consumerfinance.gov/newsroom/consumer-financial-protection-bureau-rules-establish-strong-protections-for-homeowners-facing-foreclosure/

In the event you have further questions, you can contact me via email at Dana@ConsultingEND.com or via the website at www.ConsultingEND.com or via phone (my full contact information is below) as I would be more than happy to contact Green Tree on your behalf or with you to determine the status of your loan as well as what options exist for you as a borrower/homeowner!

Every new beginning comes from some other beginning's END

Respectfully,

Dana Shafman
Managing Member
END Consulting
(888) 234-7006 Ext 101

No comments:

Post a Comment