Monday, July 13, 2015

SELENE FINANCE

SELENE COMPLAINT:

Submitted:      Mar 2015
Reported By:     derrith in Saucier, Mississippi
Report Link:   CLICK HERE

UNFAIR DECEPTIVE ABUSIVE ACTS & PRACTICES

Bank of America sold our mortgage to Selene in September of 2014. This was around the same time I was transitioning from a government job that had laid of hundred of people into another job. I called Selene in November, before my payment was due, just to ask what the grace period was because I knew I would be a few days late due to my new job having a delay on my first check. I did not say I could not make my payment, and I have never been late before or never had I not been able to pay. The representative told me that as a service to their customers they had a repayment plan that I could do. She said I could skip November's payment to help me get ahead and the payment would be divided into three installments added to the next three normal monthly payments. She offered this service to me, I did not ask for any assistance. On the final month of my repayment they pulled my final payment then they pulled $2300 extra dollars out of my account for which I am not sure why. I called them and they were adamant that they did not even though my bank verified this. They would not give me back the money. My bank gave it back to me and they filed it with Selene to get their money back. Two days later my bank informed me Selene was trying to take another $1150 out of my account. I had to pay my bank to stop them from being able to take ANYTHING out of my account ever again. When I called Selene to ask why they were trying to take all this money from me, the individual i spoke to was extrememly rude and huffed in aggravation, and even mumbled bitch at one point. By this point I had had enough of Selene and we went to my bank to refinance. Upon doing this, we find out that Selene had been reporting us to the credit bureau as delinquent for November's payment. They reported us every month after. This destroyed both out credit and since we had been reported we were unable to refinance. Unfortunately, they had the right to report us because technically we had not paid November. I felt that they should have informed us this would happen if we did this repayment plan because I never would have agreed to it especially since I didn't really need to. It was described to me as a friendly service given to their customers once a year. Also, this repayment plan was never done in writing. It was verbal. I do not know that if I had gotten it in writing if it would have disclosed this information, but I was never told I would receive paperwork about this agreement nor did I receive anything. I feel that they deceived us and this is NOT how you do business. SELENE DOES NOT CARE ABOUT THEIR CUSTOMERS. WE ARE JUST OBJECTS. THEY WANT OUR PROPERTY. THEY WILL GET WHAT IS COMING TO THEM. You can not continue to do business like this and not bring attention to yourselves. Reading everyone else's experiences, it is clear to me that this has to end.

END CONSULTING ADVICE:

Hello derrith,

It is absolutely disgraceful not to mention abhorrent and egregious how Selene has treated you as a customer. With that said, you do have rights and by simply understanding them and knowing how to exercise them, you can hold Selene Finance accountable for their actions.

I would first suggest that you visit the CFPB's website at ConsumerFinance.gov to learn more about your consumer rights and you will also want to visit the FTC’s website at ftc.gov to learn more about the Fair Debt Collection Practices Act (FDCPA) as that dictates what debt collectors can and can’t do when collecting your debt…Selene Finance is acting as a debt collector in these instances.

We have battled Selene Finance and won with a forbearance agreement issues as well as other debt restructuring issues so just keep fighting until you get the solution that you are seeking.

In fact, we covered your Selene complaint today on our radio show The Daily Complaint and provided a pathway for success to include how to contact the CFPB - thank you all for posting your complaint online so that others will have the opportunity to learn from your experiences in dealing with Selene Finance. There are firm rules in place with regard to mortgage servicing and debt collection but you must know your rights in order to exercise your rights.

In addition to submitting complaints to the CFPB and FTC, I would always suggest preparing a QWR or Request for information for Selene Finance that you can submit via fax or email – you can learn how through the CFPB by typing in QWR in their search bar. Selene is required to acknowledge the QWR or Request for information per RESPA in 5 business days and answer it in 30 business days or you do have recourse, so listen to us address the Selene issues on The Daily Complaint today and contact us if you need further information on how to not only attack your problem but to get the solutions that you are seeking.

You can absolutely hold Selene Finance accountable for their actions while obtaining the mortgage solutions that you are seeking without a legal battle but there is always small claims court if you must battle legally (a minimal outlay of cash versus an attorney and doesn’t require an attorney).

Good luck!

Respectfully,

Dana Shafman
Managing Member
END Consulting
(888) 234-7006 Ext 101



No comments:

Post a Comment